JOB CANDIDATE PRIVACY NOTICE
Savant Systems, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates (as identified to you during your application process) (“Savant,” “we,” or “us”) is the company at which you have applied for a job. Savant will process your personal information as described in this Privacy Notice and is dedicated to compliance with all applicable laws and regulations relating to the collection, use, transfer and retention of personal information everywhere Savant does business.
I. Personal Information We Collect
When you apply for a job at Savant, we will ask you to provide us with personal information about yourself so we can evaluate your application. If you do not provide this information, our ability to consider you as a candidate may be limited. You may also provide us with personal information that we have not specifically requested (for example, your CV or resume may contain information about your hobbies and social preferences). All information is provided on a voluntarily basis and you determine the extent of information that you provide to Savant.
The kind of personal information we collect about you may include:
· – such as your first, middle and last names, residential address, email address, telephone, other contact information and personal preferences
· - such as your employment background, including position, work experience, employment references, salary and other compensation requests
· – such as your educational background including degrees, certificates, transcripts, credit history and/or criminal background screenings (where relevant to your application and permitted under applicable law)
· - such as salary, tax information, benefits, expenses, company allowances, stock and equity grants
· – such as certain technical information from you about your visit to our website using “cookies” and other similar technologies
· - such as hobbies, social preferences, etc.
Savant does not usually request or require sensitive personal information in connection with your application. If Savant intends to collect sensitive personal information in connection with your application, you will be provided notice and the opportunity to consent.
If you have a physical or mental disability and would like for us to consider an accommodation, you may provide that information during the recruitment process.
To the extent that you provide us with sensitive personal information, you expressly authorize Savant to handle such information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
From time to time, we may obtain information about you from public sources or third parties. For example, we may conduct background screenings through a third-party service provider and verify information that you have in your application that relates to your past education, employment, credit and/or criminal history, as allowed by applicable law. You may also choose to provide us with access to certain personal information stored by third parties such as job-related social media sites (for example, LinkedIn). By authorizing Savant to access to this information, you agree that Savant may collect, store and use this information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
II. How Savant uses your Personal Information
Savant will use your personal information for legitimate human resources and business management purposes, including:
· Recruitment, selection, evaluation and appointment of job candidates for the job you have applied for and for subsequent job opportunities.
· General Human Resources (HR) administration and management, including if you become a Savant employee.
· Satisfaction surveys.
· Application analysis such as verification of your employment reference(s) that you have provided, background checks and related assessments.
· Compliance with corporate governance and legal requirements.
· Communicate with you and inform you of current status of your application and future job opportunities (unless you have told us that you do not want us to keep your information for such purposes).
III. Disclosure of your Personal Information
Savant shares your personal information only with those within Savant who really need it in order to perform their tasks and duties, and to third parties with a legitimate business need. We may disclose your personal information to the following types of third parties:
· Companies within Savant – your personal information may be shared for the purposed described above with other companies within Savant, e.g., Savant Technologies, LLC, dba GE Lighting, a Savant company, and Racepoint Energy.
· Third party service providers – your personal information may also be shared with third parties who provide services to use such as recruitment agencies, consultants, background services, payroll services and attorneys. If your personal information is shared in this way, Savant does so only on a “need-to-know” basis and we will seek to ensure it is only used in connection with the functions or services these parties will be performing for Savant and that your personal information is treated by them in a confidential manner.
· Other third parties – we may also disclose your personal information to other third parties as follows:
o As necessary to comply with our legal obligations, including in order to respond to a lawful government request, court order, administrative or judicial process.
o As necessary to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
o As necessary to protect your vital interests (e.g., in the event of an emergency).
o Where we have otherwise obtained your consent.
IV. Retention of your Personal Information
We will keep your personal information for as long as necessary in connection with the purposes described in this Privacy Notice and in accordance with Savant’s retention policy and applicable law(s). If you have questions regarding retention of personal information, please contact Savant as provided below.
V. Data Integrity and Security
Savant takes reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is complete, current and relevant for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice and is used in a manner consistent with that for which it was collected. Savant maintains (and requires its service providers to maintain) appropriate organizational and technical measures designed to protect the security and confidentiality of any personal information it processes.
VI. Your Responsibilities, Choice and Access
You are responsible for the information you provide to Savant and that it is honest, truthful, accurate and not misleading in any way. If you provide information concerning any other person such as individuals you provide as references, you are responsible for providing any notices and ensuring your reference consents to Savant collecting and processing that information as described in this Privacy Notice.
Upon request, Savant will provide you with reasonable access to your personal information and the reasonable ability to have incorrect or incomplete personal information corrected, amended or deleted. Such access may be limited, restricted or delayed in certain situations, for example investigations, proceedings, or whether prejudicial to sound business management.
VII. Direct Marketing
Savant will not use your personal information to offer you any products or services for personal or family consumption (“direct marketing”) or provide your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing. These restrictions do not apply to contact or other personal data obtained in the context of a customer, consumer or other non-employment relationship that you have with Savant.
VIII. Contact Savant
You may withdraw consent to the processing of your personal information or submit inquiries, complaints, objections and/or requests to restrict processing of your personal information by contacting:
Savant Systems, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
45 Perseverance Way
Hyannis, MA 02601
IX. Changes to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our information practices. We will indicate at the bottom of this Privacy Notice when it was most recently updated.
Updated February 2021