FleishmanHillard for Savant
Cost savings, safety and security cited as primary drivers behind smart home adoption
HYANNIS, MASS. — October 28, 2014 — Savant®, the leading luxury smart home technology company, today released new survey results revealing that more than half of consumers in the United States believe that home automation will be an everyday feature in less than 10 years from now, and nearly one-fourth saying that the technology will be an everyday feature in less than five years.
The survey further reveals that control/ease of use (69 percent) and convenience (58 percent) are the most important features for consumers when purchasing a new technology. Cost savings (41 percent) and safety and security (35 percent) were cited as the two primary considerations among consumers for the adoption of smart home automation systems.
“Consumers have spoken and want convenience and ease of use from their smart home technology said William J. Lynch, CEO, Savant. “For almost 10 years now, people with Savant Homes have seen how much easier automation makes their lives, and we are committed to bringing this experience to more and more homeowners.”
Other important survey findings include:
- When considering the purchase of a new technology, consumers ranked the following attributes as very important:
- Ease of use (37 percent).
- Convenience (38 percent).
- Seamless integration (28 percent).
- Low environmental impact (24 percent).
- Personalization (32 percent).
- Nearly half (47 percent) of consumers rate personalization as extremely/very important when purchasing new technology.
- Women (49 percent) are more likely than men (34 percent) to find low environmental impact as extremely/very important when making a technology purchase.
- Consumers 50 or older (77 percent) are more likely than all other age groups (62 percent) to find simple control/easy to use as extremely/very important when purchasing new technology.
- Consumers between the ages of 35-49, along with those aged 65 or older, are more likely than younger consumers (18-24) to rank “cost savings” as their top consideration when purchasing new technology.
About the survey
In an attempt to gauge the appetite for the adoption of home automation, this survey was conducted on a sample of 1,000 consumers among the general U.S. population, a sample distribution representative of the total U.S. population. The survey was fielded from August 15-17, 2014 online using The Knowledge Panel from GfK Custom Research. Participants answered questions based upon their current level of knowledge and perception of home automation today.
Savant Systems, LLC is a recognized leader in home control and automation, and one of the fastest-growing Smart Home companies in the luxury and mid-market. Savant’s powerful technology brings the four pillars of automation – climate, lighting, entertainment and security – together in a single application interface for the homeowner. This comprehensive whole-home control, termed The Single App Home, delivers the premium experience in all of Home Automation and is offered through both an iOS and Android application. Today, Savant is deployed in some of the most valuable mansions, yachts and castles across the globe, and the company is increasingly making the award-winning Savant Home system available to a broader set of customers through its affordable Smart Line of products. Headquartered in Hyannis, Mass., Savant has offices in San Francisco and Salt Lake City, and an experience center in New York. Savant Systems are sold globally through a network of Certified Savant Home Integrators and through Magnolia Design Centers. Learn more at www.savant.com.