- What is Savant
- How It Works
- Savant Pro
- See more
- Why Savant Learn why Savant is the choice for premium home automation.
- Integrators Information, resources, and more for Savant Authorized Integrators.
- Support Browse product & service information to get the help you need.
- Work with us Start selling Savant products or feature them in newly built developments.
- Contact Us Get in touch with Savant for sales questions, media inquiries & more.
- Our Partners A collaboration with top manufacturers to promote mutual success.
The Supply Chain Manager (SCM) is responsible for the sourcing, manufacturing development, execution, and production of Savant's product portfolio. The SCM also manages the procurement of all components and supports the total unit assembly.
Part of Savant's core business is the creation of innovative and beautifully designed products and as such, management of the supply chain is required to be equally unique, innovative and specialized. The SCM must be able to innovate not only our products, but also the business processes by which we accomplish our objectives. The complicated balance between the need to achieve ground breaking mechanical developments, and business execution creates challenges that require bridging engineering risks to manufacturing capabilities to business needs.
This role will partner with the suppliers and manufacturers for proper planning with engineering and other internal customers, in preparation and execution of the entire life-cycle of the product, from inception to EOL, to RMA obligations and asset recovery methodologies.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Supply Chain Management: Identification, development, negotiation, and management of existing and further development of Savant suppliers
• Cost: Development, negotiation, and execution of a part, commodity and assembly cost strategy
• Build Support: On site (as needed) management of manufacturing partners to manage the development builds, risk mitigation and ramp
• Managing on-time-delivery: Schedule, capacity, and supply planning to meet demand
• Risk Mitigation: Evaluating technical and business risks using data based analysis and developing sound risk mitigation alternatives
• Cross-functional support: Work closely with industrial design, product development, marketing and other operations team
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THIS POSITION
• Minimum ten years of supply chain management experience
• Exceptional negotiation skills and understanding of negotiation tactics
• Ability to manage several high mix/low volume product categories
• Technical knowledge of assigned commodities and strategic sourcing principles
• Cost accounting understanding and design to cost methodologies
• Troubleshooting skills and complex problem solving
• Salesforce, Agile, MS Office
• Mandarin language skills also a plus
We currently have a Supply Chain Manager opening in our Hyannis location. Savant offers competitive base salaries, and strong benefits package including outstanding health plan options.
Apply to join our team. Please submit your resume to Careers@Savant.com with Supply Chain Manager in the subject line.