Savant Systems, Inc., is a true powerhouse delivering unmatched intelligent lighting and smart home solutions. Together, Savant and GE Lighting, a Savant company, offer a deep and diverse portfolio of bold and easy-to-use innovations across the retail and professional channels that are engineered for every home.
Savant, a recognized leader in home control and automation, is one of the fastest-growing smart home companies in the luxury and mid-markets. Its powerful Pro technology brings climate, lighting, entertainment, security and energy together in a single, award winning application interface for homeowners.
GE Lighting, a Savant company, has been at the forefront of every major lighting innovation, from the first light bulb to industry-first LED and smart solutions along with the world’s first voice-embedded lighting product. Today it leads the North American retail lighting market as the most trusted, recommended and likely to purchase brand.
TOP REASONS TO WORK WITH US
• You enjoy working with other top notch engineers to tackle fun and challenging problems every day
• You want to be a valued member of a team that has a high regard for your thinking and creativity
• You like making a difference developing solutions to enable smarter, greener, living
• You have a penchant for tech gadgets, IOT, and great User Experiences from the interface to the “out of the box experience”
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Developing firmware for new products in the home automation space
• Modifying the Linux Kernel and working with Device Drivers for the new products
• Designing secure, reliable and testable code
• Applying creative solutions to a wide array of challenges
• Expanding Savants channels into Airplay 2 and other audio distribution technologies such as AVB.
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THIS POSITION
• 3+ Years of Firmware development on Linux
• Comfortable writing and integrating device drivers and modifying the kernel
• Effective Trouble shooting skills working with new hardware.
• Good knowledge of networking and time sensitive networking.
• Good knowledge of Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
• Familiarity with Yocto is a plus
• Objective-C experience a plus
• Git experience
• Solid knowledge of processor Architecture, Operating System, Software development process.
• Extensive knowledge of OTA and package management tools and systems.
• Experience developing software in C, C++, or ObjectiveC.
• Practical knowledge of one or more version control systems (git, cvs, svn)
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
• Competitive base salary and 401(k) match.
• Strong benefits package including robust and affordable health plan options – Savant's employer contribution rates put us in the top 5% of an elite group of employers who generously cover health care cost for our employees!
• Use of state of the art home automation gear in your home as part of our alpha program!
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Please submit your resume to Careers@Savant.com with the job title in the subject line.
Savant Systems, Inc (Savant) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), gender (including gender identity, gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, domestic violence victim status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Savant does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Savant and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.