- What is Savant
- How It Works
- Savant Pro
- See more
- Why Savant Learn why Savant is the choice for premium home automation.
- Integrators Information, resources, and more for Savant Authorized Integrators.
- Support Browse product & service information to get the help you need.
- Work with us Start selling Savant products or feature them in newly built developments.
- Contact Us Get in touch with Savant for sales questions, media inquiries & more.
- Our Partners A collaboration with top manufacturers to promote mutual success.
Are you an embedded firmware developer with a good understanding of linux that wants to shape the world? Savant is a leader in home automation that consistently pushes the envelope in home automation, control, and IOT. Join our team in Hyannis MA, as we tackle exciting new ground with cutting edge technologies that will influence homes of today and the future.
TOP REASONS TO WORK WITH US
• You enjoy working with other top notch engineers to tackle fun and challenging problems every day
• You want to be a valued member of a team that has a high regard for your thinking and creativity
• You like making a difference developing solutions to enable smarter, greener, living
• You have a penchant for tech gadgets, IOT, and great UX
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Developing firmware for new products in the home automation space
• Modifying the Linux Kernel and working with Device Drivers for the new products
• Designing secure, reliable and testable code
• Applying creative solutions to a wide array of challenges
• Working with other teams to create great user experiences throughout our platform
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THIS POSITION
• 5+ Years of Firmware development on Linux
• Comfortable writing and integrating device drivers and modifying the kernel
• Effective Trouble shooting skills working with new hardware
• Experience designing and implementing firmware for Battery operated devices
• Good knowledge of Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
• Familiarity with Yocto is a plus
• Familiarity with Zigbee and other Low Power Radio protocols a plus
• Objective-C experience a plus
• Git experience
• Solid knowledge of processor Architecture, Operating System, Software development process
• Extensive knowledge of OTA and package management tools and systems
• Experience developing software in C, C++, or ObjectiveC
• Practical knowledge of one or more version control systems (git, cvs, svn)
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
• Competitive base salary and equity opportunities
• Strong benefits package including outstanding health plan options
• Use of cool home automation gear in your home as part of our alpha program
• Office perks including gym/showers, basketball, walking/running groups, lounges, weekly catered lunch, and regular team activities
• Working near great outdoor hiking and bike trails, beaches, camping, and spectacular scenery a reasonable commute from greater Boston
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Please submit your resume to Careers@Savant.com with the job title in the subject line.