QA Engineer Job Purpose: To be the consummate advocate for our Integrators and End-Users alike. Focus not only on the technical details, but to immerse oneself into the context of interacting with our products. To be an active participant in the planning and design phases in order to weigh in and capture authentic requirements.
TOP REASONS TO WORK WITH US
• You enjoy working with other top notch engineers to tackle fun and challenging problems every day
• You want to be a valued member of a team that has a high regard for your thinking and creativity
• You like making a difference developing solutions to enable smarter, greener, living
• You have a penchant for tech gadgets, IOT, and great UX
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Design and create test plans based upon established requirements. Develop test cases for unit, integration, and systems testing.
• Execution of test cases for unit, integration, and systems testing. Evaluate technical and contextual use cases as the consumer of the product under test.
• Logging and tracking of bugs and issues in a quality management system.
• Reviewing and editing customer facing documentation and reference materials.
• Investigation, debugging, and resolving of problems or failures. Troubleshooting will occur on both local and remote systems.
• Execute preventative and corrective actions based on discovered issues.
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THIS POSITION
• A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field of study, or equivalent skills acquired through other means.
• Experience with mobile device software (iOS and Android).
• Knowledge of networking protocols with the ability to analyze both Wired and WiFi-based applications.
• Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Ruby, or similar.
• Passion for testing hardware / firmware / software from the viewpoint of a consumer.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to multitask.
• Able to work independently, but also an effective team player.
• Fast learner with acute attention to detail.
ALSO A PLUS
• Familiarity with software services such as Agile and Salesforce as well as bug tracking management tools.
• Experience using network/packet analysis software such as Wireshark or OmniPeek.
• Experience using multimeters, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes or electronics test equipment.
• Experience with applications bundled with standard Linux distributions.
• Solid understanding of Linux, Unix and Mac OS X.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
• Competitive base salary
• Strong benefits package including outstanding health plan options
• Use of cool home automation gear in your home as part of our alpha program
• Office perks including gym/showers, basketball, walking/running groups, lounges, weekly catered lunch, and regular team activities
• Working near great outdoor hiking and bike trails, beaches, camping, and spectacular scenery a reasonable commute from greater Boston
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Please submit your resume to Careers@Savant.com with the job title in the subject line.