Savant is one of the fastest-growing smart home companies in the industry and is a recognized leader in luxury home control and automation. The Savant platform encompasses the control of lighting, entertainment, climate, and security within one comprehensive experience. The success of Savant has been credited to the simplicity and elegance of our products and brand, coupled with pioneering technologies. With the partnership of Racepoint Energy, Savant has expanded its platform to allow homeowners more control of their energy consumption and production through renewable resources.
Designers on our team have access to the most sophisticated technology in the market. We understand that consumers of luxury products expect the very best. We consider the design discipline within Savant and Racepoint to be a laboratory for innovation and experimentation.
This is a contractor role
The Visual Designer will be working across brands to develop a cohesive brand engagement, delivering user interfaces and how they are marketed to our users.
The landscape within our team allows for a tremendous amount of flexibility in terms of project type, depending upon an individual's strengths or interests. While we have well-defined deliverables, our team is agile enough to allow for exploration into any particular discipline of design, whether it be hardware user interfaces, app design, marketing collateral or website design. We find that individuals who bring ownership and agency for producing reactions excel at Savant. There is neither hand-holding nor limitation for how to express the next ground-breaking design.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Take ownership of brand guidelines and evolve the expression of our brands into new dimensions
• Possess a familiarity with responsive design and mobile web formats
• Ensure consistent communication of visual language for projects, focusing on design systems, typography, color and imagery
• Own visual design from beginning to end on more than one project at a time while consistently producing high quality work
• Effectively communicate and collaborate with other disciplines to understand how our technology is accessed
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THIS POSITION
• An outstanding portfolio of previous work
• Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Sketch
• Experience creating digital design systems with current and relevant technologies
• Able to solve problems through design thinking, and basic understanding of the digital landscape
• Experience creating prototypes and using motion to communicate design functionality on various platforms (i.e. mobile, desktop, video)
• Agency experience is welcomed
• Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently
• Ability to work remotely and remain tuned-in to timelines and objectives
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Please submit your resume to Careers@Savant.com with the job title in the subject line.
Savant Systems LLC (Savant) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), gender (including gender identity, gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, domestic violence victim status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Savant does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Savant and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.