A Savant Sales Engineer is responsible for supporting revenue and install quota achievement by helping to grow the customer base and product adoption across select North American Electrical and AV Distributors, including providing technical sales support as well as system design and system engineering support.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Support the execution of channel development action plans to achieve monthly/quarterly/annual revenue and install quota, including working with regional and national distributors to define and support:
o Dealer targets and on-boarding training and demo programs
o Technical support plans, with the distributor providing tier one technical support
o Creating materials for in-branch new product and supplemental training, as well as training local branch
brand champions to deliver materials to dealers
o Supporting new system design, and as-needed urgent technical support
•Support Savant Distributors to assist dealers in designing new systems as well as addressing technical sales and design questions by:
o Handling all in-region design tickets that are sent in-bound for support of system design, feature requests, etc.
o Participate in beta testing of new products and bug submittal of found items either during testing or in support of customer calls.
o Participate in regular Savant TAC Ticketing and call process, including regular monthly coverage of inbound TAC tickets as scheduled
o Participate in and host local Savant training certification events, including support of set-up, implementation, entertainment, etc.
o Occasional support of programming and system commissioning in support of the sales channel as well as other duties as assigned.
• Promote all Savant Branded Product Categories and the Savant Brand by representing Savant at local and national trade & industry events
• Promote the Savant brand locally with trades people and end-users
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THIS POSITION
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or 3-5 years of technical sales and product experience
• Experience with home automation and control, networking, lighting and HVAC control solutions
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Excellent listening skills.
• Excellent computer skills, including programming experience, proficient in Keynote, iPad/iPhone applications, webinar platforms, etc.
• Ability to analyze and adapt to business priorities in a fast paced and changing environment.Solid financial and budgetary skills.
• Ability to work a variable schedule with willingness to travel
• Ability to work remotely from home office
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Please submit your resume to Careers@Savant.com with the job title in the subject line.