Savant is a recognized leader in luxury home control and automation, and is one of the fastest-growing smart home companies in the industry. The Savant platform encompasses the control of lighting, entertainment, climate, security and energy within one comprehensive experience. The success of the Savant brand and platform is founded on a superior user experience throughout all touch points.
Designers on the Savant Team have access to the most sophisticated technology in the market. We understand that consumers of luxury products expect the very best. We consider the design discipline within Savant to be a laboratory for innovation and experimentation.
We are looking for digital product designers to push the boundaries of UX and UI design. Design challenges could resemble the following:
• Design a music listening experience that rivals competitors’ solutions while seamlessly harmonizes with users’ daily living patterns.
• Design a climate schedule that can be modified through voice control
• Design the digital lighting interface of an in-wall keypad
• Articulate the needs of a user who has smart circuit breakers and the capacity for solar power generation
Our digital product designers are able to understand business requirements and any technical limitations, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating requirements into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes.
The UX designer will also be expected to design the overall functionality of the product, and in order to ensure a great user experience, iterate upon it in accordance with user and stakeholder feedback.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences
• Facilitate our vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products
• Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
• Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions
• Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features
• Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
• Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
• Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THIS POSITION
• A strong portfolio and case studies that illustrate working within a design process.
• Entry-level experience is welcome. We’ll talk with designers at all levels
• Expertise in standard UX design software such as Sketch, Photoshop and Illustrator
• Strong understanding of best-practice approaches as outlined in the Human Interface Guidelines as well as Material Design
• Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently
• Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to team members
• Be inspired to work and live with technology
• Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with team members
• Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design
• Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism
• Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation
• Be ready to showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies
• Ability to work remotely and while remaining tuned-in to timelines and objectives
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
• Competitive base salary
• Strong benefits package including outstanding health plan options
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Please submit your resume to Careers@Savant.com with the job title in the subject line.
Savant Systems LLC (Savant) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), gender (including gender identity, gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, domestic violence victim status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Savant does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Savant and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.