Are you a passionate Android engineer that wants to help shape the future? Savant Systems, Inc., a Massachusetts-based company, is a recognized leader in home control and automation, and one of the fastest-growing smart home companies in the luxury and mid-markets. Join our Android mobile development team as we tackle exciting new ground with cutting edge technologies that will influence homes of today and the future!
TOP REASONS TO WORK WITH US
• You enjoy working with other top-notch engineers to tackle fun and challenging problems every day.
• You want to work on cutting edge apps that control real world devices.
• You want to be a valued member of a team that has a high regard for your thinking and creativity.
• You like making a difference developing solutions to enable smarter, greener, living.
• You have a penchant for tech gadgets, IOT, and great UI/UX.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Creating new user interfaces for the latest home automation and control solutions using modern Android development practices
• Collaborating with designers and backend engineers to build great user experiences throughout our platform.
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THIS POSITION
• 3+ years of Android app development experience
• Strong familiarity with Kotlin and advanced language features
• Reactive programming with RxJava or Kotlin Flow/Channels
• Network communication through REST APIs, WebSockets
• Use of Android Architecture Components and knowledge of MVVM/MVI/MVP patterns
• Understanding of revision control with Git
• Persistence and passion for solving challenging problems that you may not know the answers to right away
• Independence and self-motivation, ability to tackle projects with loose constraints
• Attention to detail when it comes to matching design specifications and writing clean idiomatic code
NICE TO HAVES
• Knowledge of Linux and customizing AOSP
• Experience with MvRx library
• Automated testing experience
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU?
• Competitive base salary, generous benefits package and 401(k) match.
• Use of cool home automation gear in your home as part of our alpha program.
• Chance to develop your skillset in a fast-paced and unique environment.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Please submit your resume to Careers@Savant.com with the job title in the subject line.
Savant Systems LLC (Savant) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), gender (including gender identity, gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, domestic violence victim status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Savant does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Savant and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.