Submitting the Savant Online Business profile is the first step in being able to offer your clients an unprecedented control experience. Submitting this information to Savant indicates that you agree to Savant’s business policies and brand guidelines.
Copyrights and Trademarks
All Savant installers and integrators (Authorized Dealers) and will develop best efforts to market Savant products in an ethical manner and comply with all applicable laws and governmental regulations in any way pertaining to or regulating the sale or marketing of Savant branded products.
Savant allows Authorized Dealers, at their own cost, to present the Savant brand and its products on company’s web page as well as allows for the advertisement of its products. This is provided, however that:
1. Authorized Dealers utilize only approved Savant Trademarks, and follow all brand guidelines identified at savant.com.
2. Authorized Dealers shall use best efforts to establish and maintain a reputation and goodwill for high standards that should be symbolized by the Savant Trademarks and avoid any activity detrimental to Savant’s interest, reputation and goodwill, including avoiding abusive, defamatory, or obscene communications or materials posted on the Savant Community, Savant social media sites, and other communication outlets. Savant reserves the right to block or remove posted communications or materials in its sole discretion.
3. Authorized Dealers shall not bid for, or otherwise purchase, any URLs or paid search terms on any Internet search engine that contains (i) the term Savant, (ii) the brand name of any Savant Product, or (iii) any other trademark or copyright owned by Savant or an affiliate of Savant.
4. Authorized Dealers shall not in any manner represent any ownership of Savant Trademarks, or registration thereof, and acknowledges that use of Savant Trademarks shall not create any right, title or interest in and to the Savant Trademark except as granted pursuant to this Agreement. Integrator will not at any time do or cause to be done any act or thing contesting or in any way impairing or tending to impair any part of Savant’s right, title and interest in and to the Savant Trademarks or the goodwill and reputation associated with the Savant Trademarks. Integrator shall at no time adopt or use, without Savant’s prior written consent, any word, symbol, design, mark or other distinguishing characteristic that is similar to or likely to be confused with the Trademarks.
To protect our Authorized Dealers, Savant strictly forbids any selling of its products on the Internet. This includes "Call for Best Price" or "Call to Order" tactics. Savant Authorized Dealers are forbidden to use Savant's part numbers or non-approved product images on any company websites without express consent from Savant.
Savant may offer lower prices on various items on a promotional or permanent basis. Unless otherwise noted, we do not offer price protection on past orders if these changes occur.
Unilateral Pricing Policy (UPP)
Savant has established and maintains a unilateral pricing policy for selected products. This policy has been established for the following reasons:
1. To protect reseller margins so that pre and post-sale services and infrastructure can be provided;
2. Support brand image by, among other things, avoiding its use as a loss leader;
3. To insure appropriate price levels to facilitate technology development and new product introductions.
This policy establishes a minimum pricing level on selected products, outlines the penalties for violations, outlines the scope of the policy and outlines specifics of the product distribution system.
Consent for Access to Customer Systems
Authorized Dealer is responsible for obtaining and documenting customer consent for access to customer systems using Savant software or hardware.
Term and Termination
These terms and conditions are applicable to all Authorized Dealers. These terms and conditions, or any part of them, may be terminated by Savant without notice at any time, for any reason. The provisions relating to Copyrights and Trademarks, Price Protection, Confidentiality, Limitation of Liability and Miscellaneous, shall survive any termination.
Regarding product warranties, Savant warrants all products purchased directly from Savant to be free from defects in materials and workmanship. Refer to the Savant Store for more specifics on the warranty duration for each product.
Authorized Dealer shall not make any representation or warranties with respect to Savant Products other than as may be authorized by Savant from time to time in Product marketing prepared and distributed by Savant.
Savant and all Authorized Dealers shall hold and maintain in confidence any information disclosed to them by the other Party and designated in writing as being proprietary or confidential information. Confidential Information may include, without limitation, the existence and content of the negotiations and discussions regarding the contemplated business arrangement between Savant and Authorized Dealers, financial information and records, sales, costs, and profit data, pricing information, customer lists, market information and all analyses, compilations, studies or other documents containing or based in whole or in part on any Confidential Information obtained from Savant and Authorized Dealers or their representatives.
Limitation of Liability
Savant shall not be liable for any special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use the materials on the Savant Store or the performance of the Savant products, even if Savant has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Applicable law may not allow the limitation of exclusion of liability or incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
Savant may deliver notice to you by means of e-mail, a general notice on the Savant Community, or by other reliable method to the address you have provided to Savant.
By their execution of this Agreement Savant and Authorized Dealer specifically agree to be subject to personal jurisdiction in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. In addition, the parties irrevocably waive, to the fullest extent permitted by law, any objection which they may now or hereafter have to the laying of venue of any suit, action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Agreement, or any judgment entered by any court in respect hereof brought in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and further irrevocably waive any claim that any suit, action or proceeding brought in Commonwealth of Massachusetts was brought in an inconvenient forum. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the State of Delaware, without respect to its choice of laws provisions.